The Staff Compensation and Benefits Subcommittee (SCBS), as its full name suggests, works to evaluate and make recommendations on these important topics. The subcommittee gathers data from staff via surveys, focus groups and listening sessions, and at events on campus.
- Increased funding for staff development grants
- Increased funding for the employee emergency fund
- Changes to the graduate tuition benefit reducing tax impacts for staff
- Increased awareness of the Flexible Work Policy and best practices regarding implementation
- Changes to rewards and recognition activities and events focusing on expanded recognition in earlier stages in a staff member’s career
View last year’s report here.
The subcommittee is currently working with campus and internal partners on the Staff Benefits and Wellness Expo and the Enterprise Project. The change management aspects of the Enterprise Project will be a major focus for SCBS as the University moves forward with this groundbreaking business process transformation and system implementation project.
Andrew Jordan, Chair
Department of Recreational Sports