In 2019, the Board of Trustees approved University Senate adding 5 voting members to advocate on behalf of staff on the University Senate. The University Staff Advisory Committee (USAC) has been tasked with electing the five (5) Staff Senators and three (3) alternates to serve on the University Senate. The University Senate is comprised of 141 voting members including faculty, staff, students and administrators, the Senate’s primary responsibility is to advise campus leaders on the key educational and academic policy concerns.
2020-2021 Staff Senators
- Tom Gessells, Health Plan, 2019-2021
- Lisa Mayhugh, ElectroScience Lab, 2019-2021
- Andrew Jordan, Office of Student Life, Recreational Sports, 2020-2022
- Courtney Sanders, Office of the Chief Information Officer, 2020-2022
- Alex Thomas, College of Engineering, 2020-2022
- Megan Hasting, Office of International Affairs, Center for Latin American Studies
- Wil Turner, Athletic Training and Medical Services, Athletics
Ohio State staff interested in applying to be a staff senator can review application materials here.
For more background on the addition of staff senators please refer to the Ohio State news story regarding the change.