In 2019, the Board of Trustees approved University Senate adding 5 voting members to advocate on behalf of staff on the University Senate. The University Staff Advisory Committee (USAC) has been tasked with electing the five (5) Staff Senators and three (3) alternates to serve on the University Senate. The University Senate is comprised of 141 voting members including faculty, staff, students and administrators, the Senate’s primary responsibility is to advise campus leaders on the key educational and academic policy concerns.
A Staff Senator term is two years, with the option of a one-term renewal. It is imperative that both the applicant and their supervisor understand the time commitment required. https://senate.osu.edu/calendar.
2020-2021 Staff Senators
- Tom Gessells, Health Plan, 2019-2021
- Lisa Mayhugh, ElectroScience Lab, 2019-2021
- Andrew Jordan, Office of Student Life, Recreational Sports, 2020-2022
- Courtney Sanders, Office of the Chief Information Officer, 2020-2022
- Alex Thomas, College of Engineering, 2020-2022
- Megan Hasting, Office of International Affairs, Center for Latin American Studies
- Sabrina Horton, University Advancement
- Wil Turner, Athletic Training and Medical Services, Athletics
For more context feel free to read the Ohio State news story regarding the new change.