In 2019, the Board of Trustees approved University Senate adding 5 voting members to advocate on behalf of staff on the University Senate. The University Staff Advisory Committee (USAC) has been tasked with electing the five (5) Staff Senators and three (3) alternates to serve on the University Senate. The University Senate is comprised of 141 voting members including faculty, staff, students and administrators, the Senate’s primary responsibility is to advise campus leaders on the key educational and academic policy concerns.
2022-2023 Staff Senators
- Katie Culbertson, Fisher College of Business, 2022-2024
- Megan Hasting, Office of International Affairs, 2021-2023
- Steven Loborec, Wexner Medical Center, 2022-2024
- Steven Mentz, Office of Human Resources, College of Public Health 2021-2023
- Ramsey Piazza, College of Education and Human Ecology, 2022-2024
- Kevin Petrilla, Office of Administration and Planning, WOSU
Ohio State staff interested in applying to be a staff senator can review application materials here.
For more background on the addition of staff senators please refer to the Ohio State news story regarding the change.