Staff Resources related to COVID-19
The university’s coronavirus website is updated throughout the day with general information about the virus, the university’s response and important guidance for employees and all members of our community. You can also address your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you’re an Ohio State staff member seeking guidance on employment-related questions specific to working during COVID-19, you are encouraged to contact your HR Business Partner within the unit or college where you work. If you are unsure of who your HR Business Partner is, or the specific contact within your HR department, email email@example.com.
Our Human Resource Leadership team has been working diligently with our HRBP population to assist in guiding employees with any questions they might have. You can also refer to the FAQs posted online that are being updated regularly.
- Working through COVID-19
- Temporary remote teaching resources
- Temporary remote working resource
- Coronavirus temporary travel guidelines
- Employment Related FAQs Specific to COVID-19
- Leave Options During COVID-19 Emergency
- Keep Well, Well-being Resources for Employees
- HR Business Professionals Contact Information
- HR Guidance for COVID-19 (from March 11, 2020)
- Office of Human Resources
- Office of Diversity & Inclusion
Contact: Phone: 614-292-0964 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Office of Institutional Equity
Contact: Phone: 614-247-5838 | Email: email@example.com
- BuckeyeLearn: university-wide online training tool, allowing learning and training opportunities to be easily accessed by the university community of faculty, staff and student employees.’
- Diversity and Inclusion Training
- REACH Suicide Prevention
- REACH is the OSU Suicide Prevention training program designed to help the OSU community prevent suicide by teaching faculty, staff and students how to: Recognize warning signs, Engage with empathy, Ask directly about suicide, communicate hope, help suicidal individual to access care and treatment.
Health and Wellness Resources
- HR Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Health Athlete Program
- The Health Athlete initiative, comprised of the Nurse Athlete and Health Athlete programs, is designed for professionals from all health disciplines and highlights ways to refocus and re-energize one’s personal and professional life. The program emphasizes energy management through a comprehensive examination of goals and values in relation to one’s spiritual (purpose), mental, emotional and physical development. E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or visit healthathlete.org for more information.
- IMPACT Solutions Employee Assistance & Work/Life Program (EAP)
- Enter username: “buckeyes”
- Career Counseling & Support: conflict resolution, couples counseling, interpersonal skill development, developing resiliency in the workplace, stress management, dealing with grief and change, advice on mental health and substance abuse issues, stress awareness and reduction, anger management.
- Occupational Health Program
- Participation in the Occupational Health Program is mandatory for all staff, employees, students and volunteers who handle animals or animal tissues used in research at the university.
- OSU Health Plan
- OSU Health Plan provides biometric health screenings, 10-minute chair massage, educational programs, health coaching, care coordination services, 24/7 nurse line, Buckeye Baby Program, weight watchers, etc. Call customer service number or login to https://linktohealth.osu.edu with name.# to schedule sessions.
- Student Life Recreational Sports
- Programs and services range from group fitness, aquatics, adventure trips, climbing, drop-in fitness and recreation, intramural sports, sport clubs, personal training, and disc golf as well as many other activities. Enhanced by its award-winning indoor and outdoor facilities, including six indoor locations and more than 90 acres of outdoor space.
- University Health Services
- University Health Connection, a branch of University Health Services, offers walk-in and call-ahead urgent care services, as well as routine medical exams, preventative care, and health care education by appointment.
- Services: Urgent Care, ER Follow up, Primary Care, Bridge/Transitional Care, Pharmacy Services, Biometric Health Screenings, Nursing Services, EAP Entry Point, Health Benefits Education, Wellness and Prevention Services
- Student Life Disability Services
- Student Life Disability Services collaborates with and empowers students who have disabilities in order to coordinate support services and programs that enable equal access to an education and university life.
- Wilce Student Health Center
- To provide accessible, high-quality health services to support academic success and co-curricular engagement.
- Wellness Innovator Program
- Buckeye Wellness Innovators are university and medical center faculty and staff who have a special interest in facilitating an innovative culture and environment of wellness in their college, unit, or medical center department. Buckeye Wellness Innovators champion university-wide wellness initiatives in their departments and advance the One University Health and Wellness strategic plan by: communicating health and wellness activities with their colleagues; encouraging and motivating faculty and staff participation; planning and conducting wellness activities, and working collaboratively with OSU’s Chief Wellness Officer Bernadette Melnyk and her wellness team, Your Plan for Health, and the OSU Health Plan to promote health and wellness in their units.
- Contact: Megan Amaya: email@example.com
- Your Plan for Health
- Personal Health Assessment, H&W challenges & staff incentives, tobacco cessation, gym discounts, healthy eating, work/life
- Contact: 614-292-1050
Additional Programs for Staff who are also Students: